Your best cholesterol numbers

I'll be taking my annual physical exam (as mandated by my company) this Friday. One of the few stats I would be interested in would be my cholesterol numbers.

According to this site, here are the numbers considered normal:

- Total cholesterol (in milligrams): 165-200
- LDL (in milligrams): 100 or less
- Triglycerides (in milligrams): less than 150

Normal cholesterol means a low ratio of low-density lipoproteins (LDL) to high-density lipoproteins (HDL). LDLs are fractions of cholesterol usually related to increased risk for cardiovascular disease. HDLs are fractions of cholesterol usually related to lower risks for cardiovascular disease. Triglycerides, a type of fat molecule measured separately from cholesterol, should  also be low.  

I would know this Friday if I measure up.

No comments:

Post a Comment